Apologies if you stumbled upon this post expecting me to be in my undies! (You cheeky devil, you!)
Today, I bring you a fully clothed, yet slightly risque trend for me; underwear as outerwear. Sorry Mum.
Slip dresses have been sneaking up on us for the past few seasons and today, I style the slip play suit; all the saucy vibes of the dress, with just that little bit more coverage!
Jumpsuit: New Chic* GET 20% OF USING THE CODE '20off1574
Bag: Holster Australia*
Bikini Top: Fala (similar)
Sunglasses: Jeepers Peepers (similar)
Chokers: Lovisa (similar)
I have been loving the slip dress trend and have found myself having an utter pin-fest drooling over all the fashionistas that can pull this off. However, as the owner of a pear shape figure and being self conscious of my thighs, wearing a slip dress was about as likely as becoming the third Olsen twin. NOT gonna happen!
Then I stumbled upon this New Chic 'slip playsuit'. With a plunging neckline, lace trimmings and a silky sheen finish, this playsuit has all the vibes of the slip dress, whilst being more suitable to my beachy lifestyle.
Although it is a little too low to be worn without some sort of modesty coverage underneath, I actually think the bikini top adds another facet to the look. Although the braver ladies may feel comfortable being all out booby, I'm way too much of a nun for that. Oh look... the British in me is coming out!
I styled the look with my layered chokers and took my beautiful new Holster daytrip bucket bag out for it's first beach trip! The fabric is totally waterproof and sand-proof and it has a removable satin lining, if you wanna pop your wet bikini in it! I LOVE.
Are you loving the slip dress trend? Here's my top tips:
- If you have an hourglass or rectangle shape, go for a slip dress
- Pear shapes and apple shapes should opt for a slip play suit.
- Does the thought of a slip dress turn you blue? Warm it up with a faux-fur jacket and knee high boots. Oh-so-Hollywood.
- A maxi slip dress is a fabulous option for an evening wear look. Add polished accessories, to stop it looking too much like you've stolen Nana's nightie!
- Layer your slip dress or play-suit over a white tee for a cute casual look.
- Wear with mega-watt confidence! This is one trend your other half will certainly approve! ;)
Shop The Slip Playsuit