Who on earth made up that silly fashion 'rule' that sequins and embellishments should be left until after dark?
Lets scrap that.
Sequins and embellishments can be casual.
Today I dressed down my super-embellished pearl and sequin cami with a scuba blue skater skirt and Birkenstock sandals. The casual fabric and blocked colour of the skirt turned a shirt that would be considered very dressy into something that's suitable for the day time.
Here's a few tips and tricks on how to wear embellished items during the day:
- Tuck an embellished shirt into a high-waisted skirt, trousers, shorts or jeans.
- Limit the rest of your items to solid, block colours.
- Wear flats, sneakers or sandals.
- Mix and match with casual textures- such as denim, scuba and knit.
- Wear heels, even if you would normally consider them 'casual'.
- Wear patterned items with an embellished items.
- Wear dressy jewellery.
- Pair your look with immaculate hair and makeup- think undone and beachy.
What do you think about wearing embellished pieces during the day?
Sponsored by The Watch Buyers Group